(UPDATED 4/3/22) Brokers: Talk to us today to see how we can help with your claims. Click here.
A Natural Disaster has been declared in parts of New South Wales as storms continue to hit the state. This has caused a steep rise in water levels and flash flooding.
With families and businesses forced to evacuate low lying areas, damage to homes and businesses is unfortunately inevitable. In our experience, during these types of events, brokers are inundated with claims and questions from their clients. LMI Group has a long and storied experience with flooding having worked extensively with victims of the Brisbane Floods & Cyclone Debbie, just to name a few.
It is this experience that has has taught us to follow these simple rules to be most effective during this difficult period for both you and your clients:
Don’t forget to:
- Take some time out: Ensure that you are taking time for yourself to regroup. This allows you to complete your most effective work.
- Communicate: Your clients are in a tough situation right now, the best thing you can do for them is be clear and concise with your communication.
- Safety is key. Flood waters can hide a multitude of risks to your personal safety. Do not wade through water if it can be avoided. At the very least, you must check for hazards such as exposed wiring, snags and the depth of the water itself.
- Ask for help when it’s needed: LMI Claims are ready to assist in multiple capacities:
- Advice line: If you have an element of a claim that you are stuck on, we are here to help!
- Claims Preparation: We are on the ground in the flood affected areas, ready to begin assistance. This is especially important when you need help dealing with the multitude of claims that will appear.
- LMI Legal: We are specialists in Insurance Law, with a history of providing quality legal services to the insuring community.
- RiskCoach Short Courses: The “Mould in the Claims Environment” short course will be invaluable to you as the claims progress.
We are more than happy to have a no obligation chat about your situation. Call us or send us a message using the form below.
How we can help with flood and storm damage:
If you or one of your clients has suffered a loss, please call our claims on the number below.
#NSWRFS aviation crew continue to assist @NSWSES where required. This video was taken by one of our Air Observers on approach to Taree. For emergency assistance with flood and storm damage call the #NSWSES on 132 500. If it’s a life-threatening emergency, call Triple Zero (000). pic.twitter.com/lKu4YlV6To— NSW RFS (@NSWRFS) March 21, 2021
Leave a Reply