Over 60 Flood evacuation orders have been issued as water continues to rise around the state.
Flooding hits New South Wales again this year, as the areas around Sydney brace for further downpour and rising water. Homes and businesses are being affected as the state calls for more areas to be evacuated.
We strongly encourage anyone in the affected areas to act upon evacuation orders as soon as they are issued. You can find more information about the evacuations here.
LMI Claims is on standby in the area to provide claims assistance to both flood affected businesses and brokers in the area. Please get in contact with us for a no-obligation chat about how we can help.
Flood Tips for Brokers:
- Take some time out: Ensure that you are taking time for yourself to regroup. This allows you to complete your most effective work.
- Communicate: Your clients are in a tough situation right now, the best thing you can do for them is be clear and concise with your communication.
- Safety is key: Flood waters can hide a multitude of risks to your personal safety. Do not wade through water if it can be avoided. At the very least, you must check for hazards such as exposed wiring, snags and the depth of the water itself.
- Ask for help when it’s needed: LMI Claims are ready to assist in multiple capacities.
- Advice line: If you have an element of a claim that you are stuck on, we are here to help!
- Claims Preparation: We are on the ground in the flood affected areas, ready to begin assistance. This is especially important when you need help dealing with the multitude of claims that will appear.
- LMI Legal: We are specialists in Insurance Law, with a history of providing quality legal services to the insuring community.
- RiskCoach Short Courses: The “Mould in the Claims Environment” short course will be invaluable to you as the claims progress.