Smartphones have evolved quickly over the last decade, with more and more of our lives centering around them. With this increased functionality, more people hold potential security threats right in their hands. With this in mind, let’s talk about how to combat these threats:
The most common and unsuspected type of mobile phone attack are Backdoor Attacks.
A “backdoor” refers to an undisclosed point of access to a program, application or computer system. These “backdoors” allow potential hackers to circumvent standard security procedures and authentication processes.
A recent study from Ohio State University, New York University, and Helmholtz Center of Information Security (CISPA) states that 2% of apps from Google Play Store have a backdoor; the same thing goes for the Apple App Store.
- 97% of organisations in 2020 faced mobile threats.
- 46% of organisations had at least one employee download a malicious mobile application.
- At least 40% of the world’s mobile devices are inherently vulnerable to cyberattacks.
How to increase your Mobile Protection.
Below are steps that you can take to ensure your mobile devices are secure:
- Understand what data is being collected by the apps you use, including contacts, photos, Internet data, and call logs.
- Update your Mobile OS and apps whenever a new version becomes available.
- Never use an insecure public Wi-Fi or unknown Bluetooth connection.
- Use a mobile protection app that can analyse the apps you use.
By thoroughly comprehending the risks and taking the proper precautions, you can maintain your privacy and security.
For app development, websites or any other specialty IT development project, check out LMI Digital here.