Privacy & Security
GDPR Privacy Data Request Form
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better service. For example, we may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a loss management or risk assessment issue on the phone or face-to-face with a technical adviser, downloading an online subscription service or software update, registering for a training module, participating in an survey or purchasing a business publication. At such times, the information we may collect includes:
- your name, business address, ABN, home address, phone numbers, fax numbers, email address and in some cases your credit card number and contact preferences;
- your occupation/job role function, insurance/risk management information and information about the levels of covers you have, such as their policy numbers, insurers, excesses, security provisions, levels of gross profit and assets, extent of loss or damage and/or nature of injury sustained;
- information such as renewal dates, current premiums and details of previous claims history and financing arrangements; and
- details of financials may be needed to calculate the cost of your loss and assess claims.
By providing LMI Group with your personal information you consent to its use for the following purposes:
- analysing client needs;
- fufilling customer orders;
- delivering products and services to you;
- managing and enhancing LMI Group customer data;
- providing customer service;
- assessing your interest in our products and services, or conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys in order improve our products and services; and
- developing and improving our products and services.
In addition, your information allows us to send you direct marketing communications including announcements, software updates, special offers, and training events that you might like to hear about. We always give you the option of electing not to receive such notifications so please contact us if you do not wish to receive them.
Failure to Provide Information
We collect and use your personal information in order to provide you with information on financial products and services. In the absence of correct information or if you do not give us the information that we request LMI Group may be unable to determine which product or service is appropriate for your needs.
Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
- insurance advisers
- advisers (including engineers, architects and other professional advisers);
- loss adjusters; and
If information is provided to overseas organisations (including LMI Group offices located outside Australia), we will take reasonable steps to inform you prior and to ensure that they protect your information as required under the Privacy Act and the APPs.
LMI Group takes precautions (including administrative, technical, and physical measures) to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In some cases, your personal information may be included in our office files and these may be archived and sent to an external data storage provider for a period of time. We only use storage providers located in Australia who are also regulated by the Privacy Act.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Where another website is linked on our website, LMI Group does not warrant that the site complies with its legal obligations regarding privacy and accessing the site is at the users risk in respect of such matters as bugs, inaccuracies, viruses, and the content on the site. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Access & Correction
LMI Group will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Clients can access their personal information that LMI Group holds and correct the details you have provided at no charge. If you wish to access or correct your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer by email to privacyofficer@LMIGroup.com or by telephone to +61 3 9835 9900. In some limited cases, we may need to refuse access to your information or refuse a request for correction. We will advise you as soon as possible after your request if this is the case and the reasons for our refusal.
Changes to This Policy
Privacy Concerns or Complaints
We would love to hear from you, fill out the form below and one of our
representatives will be in contact with you as soon as possible.